Alma O’Connell-Brown founded Heritage Resources, LLC to provide high quality professional grants and historic preservation services. She has provided Historic Preservation Project Management and Grant Writing and Administration services across New York for over 20 years for over 100 municipal, community & private clients.
Heritage Resources LLC is her Woman-Owned Business to help projects meet MWBE goals with integrity. The New York WBE Governmental certification is in process. Alma has been accepted into the University at Buffalo Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership Allstate Minority and Women Emerging Entrepreneurs Program.
With a full spectrum of grant writing to grant administration and close-out, she has assisted clients in raising more than $37 million for their historic preservation projects and has administered most of those grants.
Since 1998, Alma has performed Grants, Project Management, and Construction Contract Administration services as a key leader of Clinton Brown Company Architecture, pc. Examples include:
- Project manager for Historic Resources Surveys of nearly 20,000 properties and individual/historic district National Register nominations listing more than 5,000.
- Project Administration & Design Consultant services for Empire State Development’s Buffalo Billion-funded East Side Commercial District Program.
- Project Manager for nearly 20 years for the Community Development Block Grant-funded Erie County Commercial Center Improvement Program that has given façade improvement grants for more than 100 small businesses.
- Grant Administrator for Homes and Community Renewal’s NY Main Street projects in the Towns of Eden & Port Henry-Moriah, Villages of Lakewood & Cuba, the City of Geneva DRI & City of Buffalo University District.
- Project Administration of Buffalo Main Street Initiative programs in the Black Rock, Allentown, and Kaisertown commercial districts.
- Grant writing for State Parks Environmental Protection Fund and other sources through the State Consolidated Funding Application; Member Initiative grants such as for Buffalo’s African American Cultural Center; the Preservation League’s Preserve NY program; Landmark Society of WNY Grants; and many foundations, such as the Margaret L. Wendt Foundation.
Heritage Resources mission is to support our clients in creating successful projects. We strive to do this with a team of professionals who are knowledgeable and experienced in grant and historic preservation projects. Please contact us to assist you.